Large international Insurer currently looking for a highly-analytical data analyst to join their growing Portfolio Management team. The role will help to support the provision of analysis which will influence key future underwriting decisions.
- Production of monthly scheme underwriting performance reports using SAS and excel.
- Undertaking detailed variance analysis (actual v expected) and trend analysis of various key metrics.
- Monitoring of the overall Underwriting performance and recommending actions to improve performance.
- Communication of results in clear and concise manner.
- Improve content of the reporting produced each month by writing SAS code and presenting within Excel. Recommend further areas for investigation based on analysis of these packs.
- Continuously look for ways to drive efficiency via the identification of operational improvements or automating reoccurring tasks.
- Production of the monthly underwriting bordereaux and production of ad-hoc reporting to support underwriting analysis, utilising Excel, QlikView, SAS and other available tools.
- Creation of booking schedules, carrying out the monthly premium bookings within the accounting system, monitoring financial reports to ensure bookings are accurate and liaising with credit control dept.
- Use SAS to update monthly policy and claims data, including data cleansing, and help with creation of internal production forecasts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Analytical experience gained in a similar role
* Highly numerical with A level Maths or equivalent qualification
* Experience working with Excel at an advanced level is preferred
* Able to use and create code in SAS would be advantageous.
* Progressing towards CII qualification advantageous but not essential
* Can demonstrate previous and regular use of SAS or similar tools (preferred)
* Ability to think logically, creatively and to work in a fast-paced team.