Reporting to the Head of Syndicate Reporting, you will be involved in managing the reporting for our three managed syndicates, managing agent and corporate member. This is a varied role and a great opportunity for development, with a clear progression path and a collaborative culture within the team.
This will involve liaising and working closely with different areas of the business including actuarial, underwriting, risk and compliance, group finance to produce external reporting submissions, regulatory returns and group reporting information. Additionally, you will be involved in Finance projects, including embedding IFRS 17, as well as other adhoc projects when required. You will also work closely with the Head of Syndicate Reporting in developing and implementing measures to enhance reporting efficiencies and in enhancing the syndicate financial control framework.
- Manage the timely production, review of Lloyd's quarterly and annual regulatory returns
- Annual and underwriting year (where appropriate) accounts for the three managed Syndicates under UK GAAP
- IFRS statutory reporting for Managing agent and Corporate member
- IFRS quarterly reporting to group for Corporate member share of the Syndicates results with quantitative and qualitative analysis and disclosures
- Preparation and presentation of Lloyds results commentary including BS, P&L and other KPIs for governance committee.
- Drive the development and implementation of efficient, accurate, reporting processes capable of meeting the demands of an evolving business area.
- Work closely with the Head of Syndicate Reporting in developing and enhancing the syndicate financial controls; ensuring compliance with the Group's financial controls framework, and identifying and closing any gaps affecting Syndicate financial reporting.
- Provide subject matter expertise; to key strategic and tactical Finance projects, and technical accounting matters with regards to Syndicate financial reporting.
- Act as a key point of contact for the Syndicate auditors, maintain and develop the relationship, and manage the resolution of audit issues as required.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience required
- Be a qualified accountant and/or have relevant demonstrable 5+ years' experience in a senior accounting or Lloyds Reporting role.
- Be educated to degree level and/or have relevant demonstrable experience in syndicate financial reporting.
- Have excellent working knowledge of Lloyds reporting requirements.
- Possess excellent IT skills, with exposure to data modelling software and accounting ledger being a real benefit due to the nature of the reporting required in the role
- Have had exposure to distributed teams and relationship building with stakeholders who are also not located within the same location
Preferential / Advantageous
- Prior experience of Lloyds Reporting
- Exposure to IFRS 17 projects, or technical accounting standards