This well-known carrier is looking for a retail property underwriter to take on a renewal book of business as well as develop new business to expand their book in their retail property division. This person will leverage both current broker relationships and build new ones to aid them in their new business objectives.
This person will sit hybrid, 2 days in office per week, out of one the following offices: New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, or Hartford, CT
Role: UW - Property - MM
Position Type: Permanent
- Retain a book of business YoY
- Hit and exceed new business targets
- Build relationships with key retail brokers in your territory
- Underwriter a Middle Market Property book
- Evaluate and prioritize submissions, determine pricing and negotiate the final insurance product
- MUST have a background in Property Insurance Underwriting.
- 4-6 years of experience in an underwriting role.
- Experience in Middle Market Underwriting (Avg. Premium 100-500k)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of CAT modeling
- MUST sit in office 2x per week
- MUST be able to travel in designated region for broker meetings