The remit of the role is to drive value in the organisation through the provision of insight for strategy and its financial underpinnings.
This will be supported with the production of forecasting insights to help inform real time decisions for the business. The role will work closely with the Divisional FDs and MDs to drive performance, monitoring KPIs and financial outcomes and highlighting key issues, opportunities, and variances. A true business partner is required, with the ability to challenge constructively alongside supporting commercial decision making.
The ability to drive operational processes to support the commercial and strategic outputs of the role will be key to success. Achieving the appropriate balance of people, systems and process change is important to the ongoing development of a finance transformation agenda deploying technology more effectively. The Head of FP&A will be conversant in the application of processes to enable systems change. The role will review current forecasting processes, systems and tools and drive improvement through automation and more effective data management to achieve consistent practices across the Group.
More generally, the Head of FP&A should deliver performance improvement - this requires an individual with a continuous improvement mindset, energy and drive to challenge the status quo and the pragmatism to know what to prioritise.
In order to deliver these outcomes, it will be essential for this individual to lead from the front and inspire the team around them.
- Manage the Financial Planning and Analysis process and ensure that the Group's strategic objectives are clearly articulated through specific deliverable and measurable financial targets and sensitivities. Highlight the risks and opportunities involved in the delivery of these plans.
- Provide regular budgets and forecasts which clearly articulate performance against plan and also show key performance drivers and any variances.
- Work closely with the Divisional FDs and MDs to drive performance, monitoring KPIs and financial outcomes and highlighting key issues, opportunities, and variances.
- Assess business performance and results against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategy. Proactively contribute to the development of the company's growth strategy; and identify and communicate areas for operational and financial improvement.
- Support, challenge and recommend investments, acquisitions, divestments and rationalisation plans as appropriate.
- Analyse competitor and market financial information to provide insight to assist with decision making.
- Drive improvements in Group Finance processes.
- Shape a fit-for-future team to support continued business growth and ensure the team is high performing and individuals are given strong career development opportunities.
- Fully qualified accountant with minimum 10 years PQE.
- Experience operating in the financial services sector is preferable.
- Demonstrable experience of leading financial planning and analysis in a business of commensurate scale.
- Good technical financial and regulatory knowledge, ideally gained within a UK listed business.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Intellectual agility; comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- Instant credibility and gravitas; someone who would quickly gain the respect of senior executives.
- Agility to adapt to change / able to drive improvements and inspire others.