Position: Temporary Employee Relations (ER) Consultant - Fully Remote
Location: Fully Remote (Inside IR35)
Competitive Daily Rate
This Insurance client is seeking a skilled and experienced Temporary Employee Relations (ER) Consultant for a fully remote role, working inside IR35. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing practical, hands-on, and commercially sound advice and support in Employee Relations case management. The focus will be on formal grievances, disciplinaries, and performance management, with a specialization in investigating complex disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Provide high-quality ER advice to business managers and HRBPs on a day-to-day basis, fostering effective partnerships across teams and functions.
- Utilize coaching and influencing skills to achieve the right outcomes in each case, managing risk while maximizing business results.
- Advise the business on understanding, owning, and applying all aspects of employment legislation, procedural compliance, and best practices.
- Interpret changes in legislation and codes of practice, ensuring the business follows best practices and operates within employment law and regulatory requirements.
- Develop effective and credible relationships with colleagues and clients to promote good employee relations across the business.
- Deliver an effective internal ER consultancy, focused on adding value to the business and maximizing the effectiveness of team members.
- Work in accordance with the company's Risk Management Framework and comply with company policies, including managing risks that may adversely affect the business.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of employee relations and employment law gained through ER, HR generalist experience, or relevant management/legal roles.
- Ability to act with sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with challenging situations.
- Proven commercial approach with a good understanding of business needs and the ability to make sound judgments.
- Experience in coaching and influencing line managers and adept at handling difficult conversations.
- Experience in investigating complex grievance matters and preparing Investigation Reports for consideration at a grievance or disciplinary hearing.
- Experience in preparing disciplinary invite letters, structuring allegations, and supporting disciplinary hearing managers through the disciplinary process.
- Experience in advising on and managing poor performance.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work as a team, recognize boundaries of own expertise, and seek input from others as needed.
- Effective utilization of IT applications and systems including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced ER professional to contribute to a dynamic and forward-thinking organization. If you have the required skills and expertise, we encourage you to apply for this fully remote position.