VP Enterprise Architecture - New Jersey, Atlanta or Chicago Office - FTE
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer & Enterprise Architect, the VP, Enterprise Architecture Lead role serves as the leader to manage enterprise architecture. Provides leadership for the research, evaluation, sourcing and design of digital solutions as well as the governance and cohesion of the business, process, application, data and technical architectures. The enterprise architect works closely with the CADO, CTO/CISO, COO and the business leaders to prioritize areas of opportunities and ensure seamless integration and delivery within the IT application teams.
- Define, lead and maintain the enterprise solution architecture components (applications, data, information security and technical infrastructure) and drive alignment to business strategy
- Define solution requirements and design patterns as part of the solution
- Define develops and manage / lead the technical governance process related to enterprise
- Drive consensus through leadership, technical expertise and strong communication skills within the IT and Ops community and our strategic partners
- Identify and evaluate potential technology, data and partners that can potentially help deliver digital innovations including research/evaluating solutions (applications, data, cloud and infrastructure).
- Support the design and implementation of Cloud and microservices architecture
- Identify areas to improve business and IT and Ops through technical innovation and the elimination of waste and participate in the evaluation and onboarding of new technologies and tools
- Publish strategies, policies related to architecturally relevant topics
- Conduct architecture and code reviews as required/requested by application
Key Leadership Criteria:
- Candidate will have a proven track record with research and solution delivery across a wide range of digital capabilities as well as proven skills in enterprise architecture development and governance. First-hand experience with enterprise technical architecture, system integrators, software solutions as well as startups and or InsurTech firms is a must. Candidate will have first-hand experience with implementing enterprise architecture to technology solution delivery on a global level and have a reputation for being a catalyst for organizational
- A breadth of experience across several IT areas is required for this opportunity, including knowledge of IT processes, roles and accountabilities; key business and technical metrics; agile solution delivery; IaaS/PaaS/SaaS integration; governance; vendor management. Given the strategic and forward-looking nature of this leadership role in the organization, the ideal candidate will have direct experience working with different business segments and products in the commercial/specialty lines insurance and reinsurance
- Expertise is expected in solution architecture, cloud architecture and cloud computing capabilities (preferably Azure, AWS), microservices integration, governance/standards advanced analytics and modeling and digital strategies. Experience with a wide range of business applications and vendor software solutions for commercial and specialty lines is critical. Experience with third party data and services integration is important as well, especially in the areas of product development, broker engagement, underwriting, account servicing and portfolio analytics. A proven track record of successful multi-vendor outsourcing is expected. Familiarity with U.S., Bermuda and UK markets and IT considerations is a plus.
If interested please respond with an updated resume.