Technical Architect - Java - London
Mostly remote with occasional visits to Central London offices
Up to £130,000 p/a
An exciting global InsurTech start up client of ours are building a online insurance marketplace to revolutionise the industry and bring it up to speed to the digital world we live in. They have been operating for a couple of years and their technology team is looking to grow by a number of heads by next year.
First and foremost, they are looking for a talented Java Technical Architect to come on board to lead their high level solution architecture with their Lead Product Manager. They really need someone who can be involved with prototyping and early stage solutionising. This will account for about 70% of the job, where as the other 30% of the role will involve overseeing the companies' outsourced development teams. This will involve daily scrums, working out what is required and how to approach solutions
The kind of technologies / experience that the Technical Architect needs to be strong with:
Java - ideally Java 9 and 11
Spring including SpringBoot
Insurance / FinTech / InsurTech / Financial Services experience is a must
On a side note, experience managing outsourced development teams would be a huge bonus
This role is extremely customer focused, the client wants candidates to think about if they have ever been in a position where they had to put themselves in their customers shoes. They want to make a difference to their customers and enjoy the journey along the way. They pride themselves in having a relaxed start up culture, where everybody works hard but you all get to reap the rewards along the way. If this sounds like a bit of you, I would love to have a chat with you and see where we can go with this one.
For further information, or to be considered for this role immediately, please contact Katrina Rajah at Oliver James on katrina.rajah @ oliverjames.com