You will act as tax lead on various group initiatives and projects, collaborating with senior leadership and US tax colleagues with regard to tax planning and the tax consequences of strategic decisions. Responsibilities extend to all direct and indirect taxes.
- Manages direct and indirect tax compliance.
- Manages relationship with external tax advisors.
- Manages the maintenance of a robust tax control framework and tax strategy and communicates key tax risks and environmental changes to management.
- Manages tax accounting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis acting as day-to-day contact of local finance team and US tax colleagues in this regard.
- Assists the delivery of tax aspects of projects including project scope, approach, methodology and timing to ensure the corporate and tax compliance objectives of the organization are met.
- Works with Tax Director and the US tax team to address the tax aspects of strategic decisions.
- Oversees analysis and research of tax technical issues and the consideration of tax implications on financial statements, reporting and compliance. Presents interpretations of findings and makes recommendations to management as needed.
- Act as a business partner providing insight and guidance to the organisation where required.
- Manages the work activities, performance and development of the tax team supporting the Tax Director.
- Assists in maintaining a positive relationship with UK and overseas tax authorities, including Business Risk Review meetings with HMRC.
- Identifies and implements tax process efficiencies.
- Manage the response to tax audits including documenting outcomes and driving required improvements.
- Responsible for staying up to date on trends and developments within tax and insurance industries.
- May perform other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of corporate taxation and accounting including deferred taxation.
- Preference for insurance experience including London Market, commercial or reinsurance tax.
- Knowledge of Continental European markets an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
- Experience of operating to strong standards of financial control.
- Ability to develop tactical strategies and develop processes which support organizational vision and goals.
- Good commercial acumen and track record of building collaborative relationships with tax professionals, operational business professionals, members of management and other colleagues.
- Ability to lead and influence others within a leadership environment.
- Qualified accountant, preference for ACA or FCA qualification.
- Recognised tax qualification preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in accounting / corporate tax.
- Detailed knowledge of direct and indirect taxation.