Oliver James is representing a brilliant Life insurance client who are looking for an experienced actuarial professional to join a small systems team who focus mainly on project work.
The company is a leading protection business who offer a truly great culture and work life balance.
Although you will have the stability and support of working for a global business and one of the main employee benefits providers in the UK, you will be joining a small team which is perfect for exposure to a wide range of actuarial processes. Don't worry though, the manager is conscious to keep workloads completely realistic and manageable.
This role is perfect for someone who loves project work and is looking for a technical role where they can drive improvements on the systems and software.
The ideal candidate will be a Life Actuary (qualified or exam stopper) with solid experience in Data warehousing (SQL) and one other Actuarial modelling software (prophet, Moses, RAFM, MG-ALFA etc) who is passionate about driving improvements.
Location: Surrey - ideally 1 day per week in the office. Employer is very happy to discuss flexibility.
Salary: £70-90k depending on experience + excellent benefits
This is a great opportunity to work with an employer who offers really interesting work and also understands the importance of work/life balance. Anyone with relevant experience looking to move out of the City or relocate to a more peaceful setting should certainly consider this!
- Qualified Actuary or equivalent experience. Exam stopper with experience are welcome to apply.
- Strong Data Warehouse experience with appropriate software knowledge (SQL)
- Knowledge of an Actuarial modelling software (RAFM, Prophet, Tyche, Mo.Net, MG-Alfa etc)
- Desire to work on project roles as part of a small team.
- An interest in exposure to a broad range of actuarial disciplines and ability to work with cross functional teams
The manager is keen to interview without delay so please apply today or contact Chris.Armstrong@oliverjames.com with a copy of your CV.