The aim of this role is to use accountancy qualification to provide accounting services for the Syndicate that complies with both Group and Local accounting and reporting standards and policies
- All aspects of the production of Lloyds Solvency II regulatory returns for the three managed syndicates
- Work closely with the UK GAAP and actuarial team in managing the quarterly and yearly close process ensuring external deadlines to Lloyds and internal reporting requirements to Group Finance are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing data to the actuarial team for the production of the quarterly technical provisions and ensuring all data has a robust reconciliation, review and analytics process.
- The production and reporting of the syndicate and corporate member share of cashflow forecast to Group Finance.
- Working closely with the Solvency II Reporting Manager, assist in building a controlled and sustainable Solvency II reporting framework, which meets the syndicates' reporting needs in an accurate and efficient manner
- Build relationships with stakeholders in reserving, capital modelling and Group finance functions to improve the quality of information reported both internally within the group and externally to Lloyds
- Build the relationship with the auditors ensuring audit queries are answered and closed off in a timely manner.
- Be a qualified accountant, with one to two years PQE.
- Worked in a Lloyd's Syndicate
- Have good working knowledge of Solvency II and other Lloyds reporting requirements.
- Possess excellent IT skills, with exposure to data modelling software and accounting ledger being a real benefit due to the nature of the reporting required in the role
- Ability to maintain excellent attention to detail whilst working with high volumes of data
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Confident communicator who builds good relationships across the business.
- Self-motivated working as a team and individually.