Supply Chain Solutions Manager
- Work for one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
- They offer innovative insurance solutions to large and mid-sized multinational corporations from approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
- Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. They embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment, everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
- The business is building a Risk Data & Service Platform (RDSP) with the aim to deliver outstanding Risk Insights and Services to our customers based on risk data and advanced analytics. In this context, we are looking for a Product Manager to join a cross-functional team. This role will focus on the build-out of Risk Data Services for Corporate Risk Managers in the area of Supply Chain Resilience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in customer engagements to identify their most important needs and struggles, and derive how our platform and its product offering provide value to them
- Create new services that use risk data to solve customer problems, articulate user stories and journeys, define the MVP, and prioritise development activities. For this you will partner with the proposition lead and delivery squads.
- Identify, integrate, and handle third-party offerings / services that solve customer problems and can be offered through the RDS platform. Make sure customers can discover the most relevant offerings and enable growth on our platform.
- Keep a comprehensive view of the overall suite of products available to customers, ensuring the platform offering is developed to meet customer needs and help prioritise development and investment to achieve the best results.
- Collaboration will be essential. You will work with multiple groups with deep expertise to shape our proposition and products, including our Key Account Managers, underwriters, engineers, market bodies, brokers, other service providers, and so on. More importantly, the team's success will be your success and vice versa - you can only be successful by becoming a deeply integrated part of the wider team.
Are you eager to disrupt the insurance industry with us and make an impact? Do you wish to have your talent recognized and rewarded? Then join our growing team and become part of the next wave of insurance innovation.
- 5-7 years of experience in consulting (or similar roles) with a focus on procurement- & supply chain management. You've led client engagements with cross-functional teams to deliver technology and/or change projects.
- Specific experience in identifying and mitigating risks in the supply chain is a must. Explicitly, you bring an understanding of the problems procurement & supply chain managers face in managing and evaluating suppliers as well as how they mitigate supply chain risks. You have deep knowledge of the relevant service- and software providers in that area.
- Affinity for digital products and ability to engage in technical conversations with real content & understanding. Knowledge of data platforms, platform design and architecture is an asset.
- Ability to work in an agile environment. Delivering through hypothesis-driven, iterative problem-solving processes and being able to integrate your own, creative ideas with those of others into solutions. You can do this at a high-level, and also engage in significant detail, to make sure ideas are realistic and pragmatically executed.
- Great oral and written communication, even when dealing with complicated problems and ideas. When interacting with colleagues of every level of seniority and experience, you are empathetic and sensitive, and you adjust your communication style to meet the needs of others.
- You have an open-minded, intellectually curious approach to everything you do; and you are likely someone who is continually learning from a variety of sources.
- Business fluency in English is needed, other languages are an asset.
- The role will require some travel, not expected to exceed 30%.
- Manchester City office, hybrid working model.
- Salary up to £90K
- Pension scheme - 1% personal = 8% business
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance.
- Paid Gym Membership close to home/office.
- Global Share Participation Plan (GSPP)