The Financial Audit Senior Consultant is responsible for executing assigned audit plan tasks and will collect data, test audit evidence and processes, and document the associated procedures according to Audit guidance. This role interacts frequently with client contacts and requires strong project management, attention to detail and project deadlines. The Senior will work closely with Managers and Directors to keep projects focused and on schedule.
Essential Functions | Responsibilities:
- Performs testing of financial transactions, processes, or controls based on audit program.
- Prepares audit findings memo and works with engagement manager on recommendations.
- Co-lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Develop process flows and narratives of business processes.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- 3 -5 years of Internal Audit, Financial Audit, Public Accounting or Sarbanes-Oxley experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Obtained or working toward a related professional certification (CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE etc.)
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Ability to audit financial, operational and technical processes and controls to assist with SOX compliance.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- A Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
Experience with auditing the following technologies: Agile Programming with a Cloud Based CI/CD Pipeline implementation, CI/CD Tools (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, TeamCity), AWS technologies (e.g., EC2/S3/RDS/Kubernetes), Windows technologies (i.e., Windows Active Directory, SQL Server), ERP Platforms (e.g., NetSuite, Workday, SAP), Integration Technologies (e.g., Okta, SnapLogic), Linux, Financial Applications (e.g., Oracle HFM, ADP, Wdesk/Workiva)