Senior DevOps Engineer - AWS / Kubernetes / Jenkins / Software
We are actively seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer preferably from a software background who works directly with the Engineering departments within to provide engineering support to development, maintenance and optimisation of the software development environment and infrastructure, build, integration, cybersecurity, and software development process. Excellent communications and analytical skills, strong technical project management skills will be essential for this position. You will be working with Linux servers in a production environment and Docker preferred along with automation tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef etc required. Experience provisioning and managing cloud Infrastructure services, solid understanding of cloud security, identity, and compliance required, preferably in AWS.
The key technologies you will work with are: AWS, Jenkins, EKS, Kubernetes , SDLC and must have a strong exposure to software engineering and problem solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development and management of web applications AWS infrastructure for multiple applications.
- Research, assess, and implement new technologies to improve infrastructure and automation processes.
- Contribute to the development of automation systems for continuous integration and deployment.
- Collaborates with developers to ensure that operations are aligned with the design and development process.
- Monitors applications for abnormalities and proposes areas of improvement.
- Works closely with other teams including software quality assurance and GIS security to ensure compliance.
- Remains current with ISO/FDA standards and internal quality assurance policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 8 years of relevant experience including developing and managing production systems required.
- Minimum of 8 years of contributing to entire software development lifecycle required.
- Proven experience leading projects required.
- Advanced knowledge of entire software development lifecycle as a technical lead of projects.
- Leads team in the design and implementation of solutions to problems posed by the software development team.
- Expertise with managing and implementing build pipelines.
- Expertise with administering and deploying both development tools and production applications on Linux or Windows.
- Ensures best practices and documentation procedures are followed.
- Proactively communicates ideas, results, recommendations, and status effectively in oral and written forms to leadership.
- Expertise with provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure using automated tools.
- Ability to create and maintain internal and external documentation for both TechOps and other software development teams
- Reviews internal documentation for standard operating procedures.
- Coaches & mentors junior level engineers
- Keeps informed on emerging technologies and recommends process improvements accordingly.