SQL Server Database Administrator Opportunity
Fortune 500 client - Leading provider of electronic payments worldwide, operating and providing solutions in over 60 countries.
Seeking a Mid - Senior LvL SQL Server DBA who can come on board to support and maintain the database platforms that handle billions in payments each year. In addition, you'll be responsible for the management and administration of the high availability Production environment. This would be a hybrid position.
● Provide database support on production systems to resolve issues, ensuring a great customer experience
● You'll work with network engineers, system administrators, software developers and project managers to launch new service offerings.
● Create and maintain operational processes and procedures and participate in database-related
● Serve as a critical resource on infrastructure projects, contributing to the design, implementation and
● React to database incidents and efficiently triage issues, report on the problem and resolve promptly
● Solid understanding of backup, index maintenance and integrity check configuration to ensure the
optimal performance of the SQL Environment
● Experience with log shipping and partitioning
● Experience with best practice implementation and ongoing management of SQL Server 2016,
Always On and Windows Clustering with a focus on administration and troubleshooting
● Strong T-SQL scripting skills and ability to carry out SQL code reviews to assure accuracy and
adherence to standards
● Documentation skills to ensure a knowledge base is maintained between the team and broader
● Experience of PowerBI and other reporting products
● Experience building SSIS packages to ETL critical data
● Experience troubleshooting using Wait Statistics, PerfMon, Extended events and Query Store
● Experience working with Cloud environments (GCP\Azure\AWS)
If interested, upload your most recent CV and a consultant will be in touch with further detail or answer any questions you may have.