Team Leader Pricing Actuary | Pet Insurance | Hanover Based
Open to remote working
Are you looking to work for a market leader? Are you looking for a role that can rapidly progress your career?
The business in question is a pan-European, pet insurer and pet health services provider. They have managed to build out a fully integrated, multi-channel, multi-brand pet insurance offering. The business also offers a range of ad-hoc services to enhance the pet journey.
As it stands the business is currently looking to build out their actuarial team in house and have aggressive growth plans over the next 12 months to make this happen. The first role will be the Team Leader Pricing Actuary role which in time will evolve into a Head Of Pricing position.
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive pricing for all the new products or existing product renewals in line with the strategy, the profitability targets, the underwriting policy including the development and maintenance of pricing documentation, methodologies, assumptions
- Develop a market price optimisation model technique
- Develop the risk base model using GLM technics and conduct regular reviews to take into account for changes in claim experience, risk exposure and market conditions
- Prepare the profit analysis study & summary note for each quotation and product launch
- Monitor and manage underwriting performance and contribute to the continuous improvement of MI and KPIs used for pricing performance management
- Analytical and statistical skills
- Ability to meet short and long-term deadlines and work well under pressure
- The ability to work on own initiative, adapt to new situations, put forward new ideas and challenge the status quo
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to share knowledge and communicate both verbally and in writing at all levels
- Results orientated - demonstrates commitment and drive to results
- Top-class attention to detail, organisational and analytical skills
- German & English language