You will be the subject matter expert for all emerging and complex accounting matters impacting the function. This would be ideal for an ACA qualified, technically strong individual with Financial Services / Insurance experience looking to join a business on an incredible growth trajectory.
The business has a great culture, employee focused and very flexible with WFH.
- Represent Finance as accounting expert for any events or changes in the environment which have potential complex accounting impact
- Involvement in various projects working on change requirements for finance so that operationally effective accounting solutions are developed, working in conjunction with Finance Operations and other teams, as necessary
- Provide regular technical accounting updates to support and inform decision making, as appropriate
- Develop and implement processes/practices in to support with accounting policy development
- Manage relationships with broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including auditors
- Aid coaching and mentoring of more junior team members
- Experience of working within a complex financial services organization (insurance preferred) would be a benefit
- Proven experience of dealing with people at all levels of the organization, particularly with senior leadership
- Qualified Accountant, ACA or equivalent
- Change management skills to be able to identify and put into place new procedures and policies for the better
- Negotiates, persuades and influences within the finance team