Senior Software Developer - London - London Market Insurer
- Supporting the user base proprietary modelling software, across the front-end and data layers of the software stack.
- Diagnosing faults by means of user reports and logging; identifying and recommending solutions; implementation, testing, and delivery of software changes.
- Continual, incremental improvement of the applications via a prioritized backlog.
- Developing ad hoc reports, data extracts and scripts, primarily in SQL and delivered in Excel.
- Maintenance of support and system documentation, both user-facing and internal to Engineering.
- Augmentation of automated regression testing coverage.
- Investigating, evaluating, and making recommendations for improvements to current and new software and processes.
- Support the wider development team with ad hoc tasks as required.
Skills & experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science , else equivalent experience
- At least 3 Front End / UI design and development experience, ideally C# Microsoft .NET
- At least 2 experience with commercial datasets and data management technologies (SQL Server preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Applied experience of Cloud (ideally Azure) technologies for software hosting and infrastructure a plus
- Experience with PowerShell and REST API tools (such as ARC) preferred
- Proficient in use of Excel for delivery of ad hoc data extracts and live data feeds
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services would be an advantage
- Experience with data visualization, Tableau / Power BI a plus
- (Re)insurance industry experience a plus
- Willing to work overtime during busy periods, including weekends and public holidays