Current requirement for a Qualified Accountant with insurance experience to join a multinational financial services firm on their project team.
This role will offer the successful person the opportunity to work across a Group wide project, interact with senior management across various functions and make recommendations to the Group leadership team on how the IFRS 17 standard will be applied across the Group.
Key responsibilities of the role will include, but not limited to;
- Managing decisions made and ensuring that the other product owners have understanding about how this impacts their delivery.
- Support investigation of gross and reinsurance calculations, identifying gaps in data, assumptions, methodology is correct etc.
- Responsible for technical interpretation of how the new accounting standard will be applied
- Responsible for the creation of the transitional balance sheet, including shaping the approach, review the balances produced and preparing notes and disclosures.
- Spot dependencies with other products then share and mitigate those with the delivery team
- Consult with relevant stakeholders on decisions that require validation/additional knowledge
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to create a value driven product vision and road map
To be successful in this position you will have had previous experience working within a project specifically implementing new standards. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
You will also be able to show a working knowledge of process management skills, make recommendations to improve existing procedures.
You must also hold a professional accountancy qualification.
For more information on this position and other similar roles the team are currently recruiting for please get in touch via Louise.O'Dowda@weareoliverjames.com