Senior Market Analyst
This is where you will work
The Analytics department forms the "competitive back-bone" of the wholesale division of our client. The importance of analytical competences and advanced quantitative and modeling methods has increased significantly in the past years as a result of increasing market sophistication and complexity of assets and products. Market intelligence is also central, not only to the day-to-day trading and asset optimization of our client, but also to the introduction of new business models and the difficult strategic choices that energy companies face in the sector. The Analytics department is all about "brainpower" and "research and development", but in a highly result-oriented and commercial environment. This requires a unique combination of analytical and entrepreneurial competences with people that can work independently as well as in a team. The Analytics department has the following main objectives.
- Provide the different departments of our client with quantitative and fundamental models and analysis.
- Provide strategic advice to the organization and advise and assist the Executive Board on strategic decision-making and the lobbying strategy to be pursued.
To fulfill these objectives, the department is looking for a Senior Market Analyst that will report to the Teamlead Market Analysis who reports to the Manager Analytics.
This is the role
- Monitor developments relevant for the Western European energy markets.
- Incorporate those developments into our clients proprietary fundamental model.
- Create and maintain future scenarios with corresponding long-term price projections.
- Use those projections to actively search for investments and trade opportunities.
- Provide advice and analytics to support the trading team and contribute to the results of the trading books.
- Represent our client as a knowledge partner towards clients and branch organizations.
- Use your expertise in combination with the available tools and models to answer questions and research ideas raised by Traders, Quants and other member of the organization.
- Contribute on the development of new tools, models and reports.
This is you
- Thorough knowledge of the Western European energy (power, gas, carbon) markets.
- At least 5 year of work experience in the energy market.
- Insight in Dutch and European energy related policies and regulations.
- Affinity with statistics, econometric techniques and quantitative analysis.
- Affinity with main programming languages (Python, Matlab, VBA) and reporting tools (Power BI).
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as demonstrating strong team working skills.
- Can be seen as an expert in his/her field and can communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Good communication skills in English (Dutch is strongly desired)
What can you expect?
- A custom made salary package (tailored to your knowledge & experience)
- An interesting bonus structure
- 13th month pay
- Holiday allowance
- A good pension scheme
- Relocation compensation (if applicable)
- 4 weeks of holiday (annually)
- Possibility to buy extra holidays