Fidelity Labs is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join a newly founded startup. The startup's focus is building innovative technology for financial advisors and their clients. This role will be hands-on leading the technology, architecture, implementation, testing and delivery of world class data pipelines. The Lead Data Engineer will work closely with technical leads, product managers and business analysts to move ideas from concepts to scale and bring these game-changing ideas to market.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Strong software engineering experience
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, RESTful APIs, system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Expert level knowledge of data management: quality, versioning, access control
- Experience with modern data pipeline and streaming technologies such as AirFlow, Kafka, or Kinesis
- Proven track record of delivering data ingestion and processing at scale
- Passion for testing as a core part of the development process
- You thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with high risks and high rewards
Bonus Points for Experience With:
- Data Science libraries: scikit-learn, SciPy
- Data Warehousing technologies: Snowflake, Redshift
- Data Querying technologies: Athena
- Non-SQL data stores: Elasticsearch, neo4j
- Cloud deployment: AWS, CI/CD
We are Fidelity Labs, Fidelity Investments' in-house fintech incubator with a mission to build new businesses to drive growth for Fidelity. We seek to shape the future of our industry by building new products and services to improve the lives of the diverse set of customers, businesses and financial institutions we serve.