Senior Java / Full Stack Developer - Inside IR35
Location: London - Hybrid with WFH
Daily Rate: £750 - £850 p/day
I am currently working with a leading London based, Asset Manager that are looking for a Senior Java / Full Stack Developer to join their team ASAP.
They are transforming their application estate into a service-based architecture, based on a modern Microsoft Tech Stack, hosted in Azure. They use continuous delivery pipelines to build, test and deploy their applications and infrastructure securely, reliably and repeatedly.
They are undertaking a major transformation programme which includes significant change to the technology platform and organisation structure:
The client are seeking to significantly increase capability and capacity in their oversight of the valuation of these assets given the growing scale and significance in the business and the risk it presents.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Agile Currency product team. You will:
* Work on a mix of greenfield application development and brownfield BAU on a sizeable application estate.
* Provide technical advice to other developers and take an active role in designing new technical standards.
* Take ownership for driving change and innovation.
* Assess and recommend architectural patterns based on functional and non-functional requirements.
* Present information concisely to individuals within and outside of the Technology function.
* Mentor the wider team to support the Team lead and help optimise team performance.
* Participate in and, where appropriate, lead meetings with business stakeholders.
* Java / SQL.
* Messaging (JMS / XML / JSON).
* Web services and REST API design (using frameworks such as Jetty / Jersey / Swagger).
* Distributed version control systems (preferably Git / Bitbucket).
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines (preferably Gradle / Artifactory / TeamCity).
* Unit / Acceptance Test Driven Development (such as Junit / Mockito / AssertJ / Concordion).
* Code as part of a team with frequent peer reviews (using tools such as Crucible / Bitbucket).
* Fundamentals and approaches: OOP, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
* Experience working in Agile teams performing iterative development (Scrum / Kanban).
* Ability to collaborate with end users, stakeholders, and team members.
* Demonstrable track record as a senior developer with significant input into the design and coding of complex applications.
* Practical experience in all areas of development including analysis, solution design, programming, testing, and documentation.
* Show initiative and creativity in researching solutions to technology problems.
* Have a constant desire to improve knowledge and drive adoption of new tech or approaches within the team.
* Quickly be productive with an extensive and unfamiliar legacy codebase.
The business has a flat structure and operates a flexible working model. Employees well-being is a top priority to the business.
Please get in touch on 020 3861 9148 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.