A leading life insurer with over $60B in AUM operating across the US, is seeking a Senior Investment Accountant to join their growing team.
With their high M&A model, this insurance company buys up smaller insurance companies and (through economics of scale) create exponential return from their investment strategy. It's a highly niche area of insurance and given the companies backing by a major private equity they anticipate lots of future growth. Given the growth trajectory there is a strong demand to hire top talent. This is an exciting opportunity to join a department that is going through a transformative, value enhancing, and integrating team.
Location: Remote (travel needed)
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- GAAP and STAT reporting for investments including NAIC annual and quarterly statements
- Assist the team in interpretation of NAIC reporting and prepare accounting analysis and application of STAT accounting
- Support SOX testing of controls across investment accounting
- Assist in the implementation of MAR
- Assist with analysis and footnote disclosures relating to investments
Experience and Education:
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in the insurance industry a must
- Possess strong research, communication and analytical skills.
- Experience using Clearwater or another equivalent platform desired
Be an integral part of this growing team!