Senior Internal Auditor will primarily be responsible for undertaking a range of internal audit activities to include:
- SOX walkthroughs and testing.
- performs regulatory, operational, and financial reviews to evaluate whether controls and processes are in compliance with policies, procedures and legislation.
- provides recommendations to strengthen the controls and processes where appropriate.
- Lead, oversee, and/or assist in audits and reviews of key business processes and systems under development using the COSO methodology
- Identify opportunities to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Present issues and recommendations to operating management, including the drafting of Audit Findings and/or Reports.
- Plan and execute the review and audit of the internal control environment within the Company to enable the management attestation required by SOX
- Maintain effective relationships with external auditors, business units and corporate management to enhance the audit process.
- Providing ongoing support to all operating departments towards ensuring that all processes and procedures have considered the use of best practice in determining the application of strong internal controls.
- Assist in high level business risk assessment to determine the nature, timing and extent of risk-based audit procedures.
- Assisting with audit issue tracking and follow-up.
- Effectively monitors own performance to ensure plans, schedules, and budgets are met, as well as to appropriately use Company resources.
- Supervise audit staff/consultants on engagements as required.
- Lead special projects from time to time as deemed necessary by Audit and Management.