Oliver James have partnered with a leading insurance business who are looking for a Data Engineer to work within the data warehouse development team. The role will involve developing their new data platform to support the reporting needs of the business. We are in the process of developing a new data platform in Azure and are looking for candidates with expertise in development and architecture on this platform.
The role will also involve development work on our legacy SQL Server data warehouses until the transition to the new Azure platform is complete. The candidate should have experience of working in an AGILE delivery environment.
The right candidate will be business facing and can work on the end-to-end development process from requirements gathering through to testing.
- Developing data solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Support and development work on the existing SQL data warehouses
- Ensuring that new solutions are tested and documented as required
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in data and reporting technology
- Development of good internal client relationships
- Management of own task list and ensuring that plans are agreed
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstratable expertise in data modelling, ETL development and data warehousing
- Data warehouse experience on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Strong T-SQL, Python and Azure notebook development
- Insurance or other financial service experience is desirable, preferably within a Lloyd's Managing Agency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and presentation skills and be an excellent cross-functional team player
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in team environments
You must be based and have the right to work in the UK to apply.
If you are interested please apply below.