Oliver James is currently working with a leading Insurer who are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, with specific focus on Data & ML applications.
This Insurer is currently developing enterprise-wide data and digital strategy, focusing on the use of data and building their digital and AI capabilities. As such, they need a punchy Senior Data Engineering Manager to help steer the adoption of engineering best practice and enterprise standards across the value chain of data science applications.
- Ensure engineering standards are set and drive their adoption in data, ML and microservice app developers.
- Manage a team of four globally dispersed engineers. This includes work setting and mentoring activities.
- Work collaboratively with different teams to help shape priorities
- Experienced Engineering professional with proven technical experience and ways of working experience across the below:
- Designing, building, and optimising data systems and applications in a cloud-first environment
- CI/CD, Release life-cycle, Data Testing , Continuous Model Validation etc
- Software development experience in Python, or Scala
- SQL, Databricks or Spark, Data Warehousing, Kubernetes, Orchestration Tools, Docker etc
- Data platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake etc
- Experienced People Manager, with strong leadership capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to work with a global team and senior stakeholders