Delivery of data analysis and insight support analysis and reporting of key data for data intensive operations within the business. Delivery of data road-maps and data delivery approach.
Supporting Enterprise Architects Data strategy to deliver management of all master data for IT applications and systems data - defining the entities and attributes that constitute the core data. Running of the Data governance and other governance relating to Data and systems design of IT systems
The post holder will work closely with the Enterprise Architect to create, maintain and govern all aspects of Data delivery against a company wide business data architecture. Note that none of these disciplines are in place so the port holder will be able to establish these from scratch. This is an integral and the first role in establishing a Data Analytics team as part of establishing a data and analytics capability. The detailed responsibilities include :
- Delivery of data analysis and insight - support for analysis and reporting of key data for data intensive operations within the business .
- Delivery of data roadmaps and data delivery approach by business line prioritising dashboards and insight that will give the greatest value to overall.
- Data Architecture Framework: define, develop, improve, and maintain the Data elements of the Enterprise Architecture Framework and its maturity.
- Establish and maintain the Data Governance Framework.
- Create and maintain a company wide Data Repository
- Define and disseminate a common source of 'mastered' and governed data
- Create common standards of reporting and data tooling / analytic techniques
- Develop a Data Strategy: in collaboration with the Enterprise Architec.
- Implementation Planning: develop a Data Roadmap with the transitional phases defined. any such roadmap will need to be integrated and aligned to the overall IT strategy and strategic roadmap
- Data Governance: provide a framework and governance for the assurance of data quality and meeting of regulatory obligations relating to data in particular GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Continuous Improvement: Ensure that data methods and reporting and analytical delivery continues to add value and deliver benefit.
- Requirements Management: Ensure that evolving business requirements take into account the needs to align business application development with the data strategy
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and road mapping
- Customer Centric focus / customer journey mapping
- Requirements management
- Options Analysis
- Presentation in plain English
- Negotiation, documentation, and governance
- Horizon Scanning
- Strong people and delivery leadership qualities, with the ability to build new highly performing teams consisting of local and remote employees and 3rd party resources.
- Knowledge of Data architecture and data exploitation and visualisation technologies
- Knowledge of Data analytics and reporting tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects)
- Customer centric approach to all undertakings with a strong focus on delivering simple and easy to use end user solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT solutions and data analysis and reporting / dashboard
- Excellent analytical skills and communications skills - including the ability to understand and articulate technical and business challenges and communicate analysis in clear, simple terms
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills, good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table.
- Experience of working with technical teams and technology solutions within the insurance industry.
- Experience in data architecture frameworks and in creating or analysing data artefacts.
- Coaching technical delivery resources to ensure the appropriate interpretation and adoption of product strategy and roadmaps.
- Experience in supporting supplier and product selections, based on a set of business requirements, non-functional requirements, and commercial considerations.
- Ability to make insightful, successful decisions - and to explain the decision rationale in simple terms.
- Being competent at delivering results through ownership & drive.
- Participated in or driven transformational change within a business.
- Strong digital solutions delivery, business analysis or transformation background, ideally under Agile methodologies.
- Ability to plan and run workshops with business and other stakeholders, producing outputs including high-level designs, requirements, actions and agreed next steps.
- A background that includes both data architecture/design AND delivery/support within a business and technology environment (e.g. multiple products, strong regulation, international company, growth, and product launches).
- Working in a product-based delivery model with agile methods.
- Previous experience of working closely with, and influencing, senior stakeholders across a large insurance / financial services organisation.