- Permanent position
- Leading global insurance business
- Flexible/hybrid working environment
- Interfacing with clients, placing brokers, retail office colleagues, re-insurers, reinsurance claims experts and other parties.
- Identifies potential policies and coverage for incoming reinsurance claims, performing independent research to seek validation or clarification where necessary.
- Notifies re-insurers of any new reinsurance claim in a prompt manner and keeps them fully updated as the claim progresses. This involves the registration of the reinsurance claim on the system(s), the issuance of PLAs, RLAs, DLAs, debit & credit notes and the collection of both indemnity and expert fees with regular follow up to deliver timely collections.
- Handles complex issues pertaining to reinsurance claims complications, claims processes and/or claims collections, escalating where necessary.
- Provides prompt, clear, and accurate advice to clients and other parties on any reinsurance claim's matters.
- Coordinates with Finance on reinsurance claims and/or fee payment reconciliations and ongoing settlements to clients and claims experts
- Maintain physical and/or e-files for all documentation to/from clients, re-insurers, reinsurance claims experts, etc., and ensures that all notifications, expert reports, and updates are e-filed.
- 3+ years of reinsurance claims OR commercial lines claims experience
- Broking environment experience beneficial
- CGI, ACII or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Good understanding of reinsurance policies, contracts/slips, and their commercial aspects
- Experience in handling large and complex (re)insurance claims, ideally on both proportional and non-proportional placements
EA Licence: 20C0336
EA Recruiter Number: R1871073