Oliver James is working with a global commercial insurer that is looking to hire a Senior Claims Examiner for their General Liability team. You will be responsible for a portfolio of General Liability cases (Slip & Falls, Bodily Injury) within Construction. Additional experience within Premise Liability and NY Labor Law - highly beneficial. Some of these will be higher value cases including litigation and you will act as the sole point of contact for all internal / external contacts.
Primary Role Duty: To manage a caseload of general liability claims (slip & falls, bodily injury), construction / contractors, bodily injury claims, including mid/high value claims involving litigation. To ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within service expectations, industry best practices and specific client service requirements; and negotiate settlements.
Skills/ Qualifications Required;
- 7+ years of claims adjusting experience within General Liability
- Excellent knowledge of Bodily Injury and related case law
- Excellent knowledge of Construction (NY Labor law beneficial)
- Ability to manage TPA relationships
- Experience managing client / customer relationships
- Exposure to litigation (highly beneficial)
- Strong educational background
This role must be based from either their NYC or New Jersey office (3 days per week in office). They are offering an excellent base salary, bonus and career plan for the future.