Senior Business Data Analyst | Insurance | London
My client is a Lloyds Insurance firm based in London and they are looking to appoint a Senior Business Data Analyst to join their data warehousing team and help with defining solutions and data requirements for the Management Information, Finance and Actuarial reporting systems.
- Perform system and data analysis, and source-to-target mapping through the various layers of the data warehouse and its downstream systems, reconciling at each stage of the ETL process
- Working closely with the other parts of the company to understand and facilitate the identification and documentation of business units' reporting data requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across business divisions to ensure the quality and content of the data within the systems meets business and statutory requirements.
- Engage with third party suppliers in the delivery of quality data to support business data requirements.
- Respond to data related questions and enquiries, using available data tools and procedures and ensuring adherence to defined processes and best practice guidelines.
- Work with the IT development team to specify and, help maintain and improve the mapping logic and interfaces from the source systems into the data warehouse. Experience of ETL processes.
- To work with IT and the business stakeholders to maintain and improve the interfaces from the data warehouse that flow into various downstream systems
- Business analysis and requirements gathering skills, including the ability to interpret and align multiple stakeholders' requirements.
- Technical data management skills to support role
- Solid experience in a business analytics / data management role
- Previous experience in insurance, including Lloyd's and London Market based
- Excellent Technical BI / MI skills, specifically with data warehouse reporting tools such as MS Integration Services, MS Reporting Services, Power BI, and/or Tableau.
- Excellent technical knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with data warehousing and reporting tools and an excellent knowledge of SQL Server. Should be able to write complex t-sql queries.
- Experience producing technical specifications detailing solutions for approval by users and for technical use by developers and testers.