Oliver James are currently working with a leading insurance business looking to hire a senior data eningeer to join the insight team.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a technology and data focused Lloyd's insurer who's size demands agility and gives you the chance to help shape it's future!
You will be working within the technology Engineering team to design and develop data solutions within an Azure cloud native environment. The landscape is a greenfield environment, a new Azure andDatabricks based platform will be designed and implemented from the ground up, with strong skills in Azure tooling (ADF), SQL, and Python being a key requirement.
- Experience in Azure platform architecture and developing data engineering pipeline.
- Experience in SQL and Python (Spark)
- Provide technical assistance in data engineering, analysis, orchestrations and enrichment
- Build relationships within the business, understand our decision making processes and identify opportunities to exploit data to enhance decision making
- Build data solutions/applications to solve complex business problems
Key experience required
- Experience of working as a Data Engineer or similar role
- Proven track record in Data Engineering and supporting the business to gain true insight
- from data
- Strong SQL, Python and Azure data platform experience ADF, Azure Synapse.
- Experience with data tools and languages in a cloud native environment
- Demonstrable ability to design, implement and use different database structures with
- particular focus on cloud based data services such as Azure, Databricks, Snowflake.
- Experience in building ETL/ELT data pipelines and use of DevOps (CI/CD) concepts to test,
- schedule, and deploy to a production environment
If you are interested in more information please apply below.
You must be live and have the right to work in the UK to apply.