Oliver James are delighted to share this fantastic opportunity for a student actuary to join a leading Life Insurance business in the area of Capital and ALM.
Location: Flexible working + London Office (time in office as desired)
This role is perfect for an Actuarial student who wants to gain further experience in capital, solvency II and ALM whilst working for a expanding, forward-thinking and genuinely friendly organisation.
You will be part of a small, nurturing team and the company is more than happy to provide study support and a mentor so you can continue working through your actuarial exams and PPD requirements.
You will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract you will have ALL the benefits of a permanent employee with a very generous salary + the possibility of permanent role within the company at the end.
- Do you have a desire to grow and excel in the Solvency II, Internal Capital, Liquidity or ALM space? - this is the role for you!
- Want to work for an organisation that will be a major stepping-stone in your career - this role is for you!
Role: You will support ALM in a wide range of Solvency II, Internal Capital, Liquidity and ALM work.
- Assist in the production of quarterly Board and Risk & Capital Committee reports on Solvency II, Risk Appetite and Liquidity and support the Head of Capital & ALM in other reports as required.
- Assist in monitoring of yields, developing capital management strategies, forecasting & analysis of capital requirements.
- Assist in the development of Solvency II and Internal Capital capabilities in particular for new products and regulatory developments. This will include making and testing changes to Solvency II models & providing a clear audit trail of work.
- Analyse movements in capital requirements and report to senior management.
- Analyse strategic asset allocations, sensitivities to market risk, propose risk mitigation actions where necessary.
- Part qualified actuary (6+CT exams or current equivalent)
- Experience of working in a UK Life office with experience of, or a strong desire to learn about, Solvency II & ALM
- Advanced skills in Excel. Programming skills (e.g. SQL, VBA an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of solvency II Reporting (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of cash-flow modelling tools would be an advantage (e.g. Mo.Net, Moses, VIP, Prophet)
Our is looking to get interviews arranged as soon as possible so please apply today!
or send a copy of your CV to Chris Armstrong at Chris.Armstrong@OliverJames.com
Oliver James specialise in Actuarial Recruitment globally and look forward to your application.