Our client, is a rapidly emerging growing long-term insurer offering reinsurance on life and annuity contracts. The company is lead by a well established Private Equity Firm which is promoting future growth through M&A,investment in people and technology.
Given the company's continued growth, the Financial Controller and CFO are seeking qualified professionals for the roles of Accountant and Senior Accountant within the finance team.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to leave assurance or audit. The compensation on offer depends on candidate experience, however the targeted range is $90,000 - $130,000 base salary plus bonus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support all accounting and operational aspects of reinsurance transactions, with a focus on US GAAP, and Statutory accounting.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting journal entries related to Company's activities and other related financial reporting calculations
- Management of either one or more in house accountants or offshore accountants in the preparation of accounts
- Prepare financial reporting disclosures related to reinsurance activities as required in SEC 10-K and 10-Q reporting and stand alone reporting
- Provide quarterly analysis of financial results
- Coordinate between finance, actuarial, and legal departments on reinsurance matters
- Participate in process improvement and automation projects
- Determine proper accounting treatment of complex accounting transactions
- Manage internal and external audit examinations
- Participate in other ad hoc projects as required
Key job requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related industry
- U.S. Certified Public Accounting (CPA) qualification or equivalent is highly regarded
- Knowledge and recent working experience with US GAAP or US Statutory from an accounting or audited perspective
- Recent experience with accounting for life insurance and annuities
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Perceptive, self-starter with excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and know how to prioritize deadlines
- Organized and has good attention to detail.
To be considered for this role, please apply using the prompts provided or email your contact information to Chris Dodds at email@example.com