Oliver James is currently partnered with a leading financial services company located in Zurich, Switzerland to recruit a Security Operations Engineer. This is a very exciting role within an one of Switzerland's Best Workplaces.
There is a lot of interesting projects planned, both within the SOC, recently they have released their first mobile application and there is an intention to migrate to cloud systems. My client were ranked within the 50 best places to work in Europe in 2021.
In your role as Security Operations Engineer:
- Detect, qualify, and protect the organisation's digital assets and systems against cyber attacks.
- Responsibilities include monitoring IT security threats throughout the lifecycle.
- Create, maintain, and develop a cutting-edge IT security environment that meets corporate needs.
- Own and manage information security incidents throughout their entire lifecycle, including acting as a single point of contact within the organisation and organising internal capabilities to resolve incidents.
- By delivering IT security expertise on demand, you may help with IT architecture, IT solution creation, everyday IT operations and projects, and IT service management.
- Single point of contact for managed security service provider (hybrid security operations centre)
- Assist with the design, deployment, and upkeep of an end-to-end monitoring and alerting solution that meets the company's IT security requirements.
Ideally my client are wanting someone with broad security engineer experience who are autonomous and can take full responsibility of their work. Knowledge of Splunk would be very beneficial as well as any awareness with SIEM tools.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent professional experience
- Professional experience in similar role of at least 3 years
- Extensive know how in IT security operations and threat lifecycle management
- Experienced in IT security analysis, incident management and engineering
- Strong communication skills as well as crisis and escalation management skills
- Service and customer oriented personality who quickly and easily adapts to changing situations
- You are fluent in English (German is a plus)
- Have the right to work in Switzerland
Please apply directly or contact Callum.Price@oliverjames.ch for further information