We are currently looking for an IT Security Analyst to join a UK Leading organisation who are expanding out their IT Security offering within the business!
As an IT Security Analyst you will actively monitor, analyse and triage security alerts. Taking ownership of the security incidents and threats to the organisations network and systems.
They are currently going through their transformation journey towards the cloud in an Azure environment. You will actively perform continuous Azure Sentinel SIEM tuning to match the organisations external requirements deriving the best value out of the tool for identifying security risks, malicious activity, and system misconfigurations within the information assets.
You will play a vital part in the businesses Security offering, improving your experience as well as allowing you to grow naturally into the role, with the organisation offering training and support allowing you to take your experience in Security to the next level!
Your Responsibilities include:
- Monitor, triage, investigate - speak with the necessary stakeholders to understand security issues.
- Perform continuous Azure Sentinel SIEM tuning - Deriving the best value out of the tool to identify security risks, malicious activity and system misconfigurations.
- Respond to security incidents & events, including triage, containment, and remediation activities.
- Investigate and coordinate security incident response actions aligned with cyber incident response plans and major incident response processes.
- Develop and maintain SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) and playbooks for incident response activities.
- Collaborate with the wider IT teams to mitigate any potential security weaknesses within the organisations network and systems.
- Support and maintain the security dashboards & reports to provide visibility into the organisations security posture, communicating security risks and recommendations to stakeholders across the business and management.
- Experience in an Infrastructure Engineering or IT background
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills - with an aptitude to identifying, solving and mitigating issues
- Knowledge and experience with a broad range of Infrastructure and Networking technologies
- Experience in security technologies, such as the below is desired :
- Intrusion Detection
- Prevention systems
- Anti-virus softwares
- Vulnerability management tools
- Security incident response functions
- Knowledge / Understanding of security frameworks such as:
- NIST, ISO 270001, CE+ or CIS Controls
- Any other relevant industry certifications.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a step into the security world as they are open to a broad variety of backgrounds, so please click apply if you have a background in Infrastructure and / or an understanding of Security within a business.
This role currently operates on a Hybrid working basis and you will need to be within a commutable distance of their office just south of Wakefield!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com for more details!