This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of 3 Risk Engineers responsible for the insurance risk assessment of clients.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE ROLE
As a Risk Engineer your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Assess the quality of risks as described in the appropriate standard(s) and related competency level, and assess loss potentials in accordance with agreed definitions.
- Support external customers by identifying, assessing and providing effective advice on risk management issues to reduce the risks that they face individually, and on an overall account basis.
- Provide appropriate risk improvement advice, support loss investigations (including both trend and root cause analysis), and implement risk improvement programs.
- Produce work that complies with Company standards, in terms of technical quality of policies and procedures
- Recognize and respond to the needs of customers by providing expert solutions and training to key customer(s), and contribute to Business Operation Profit through opportunity spotting.
- Develop and maintain positive customer and business partner relationships, and collaborate with both customers and business partners to develop appropriate service plans.
- Resolve technical issues, problems and projects in reference to policies and procedures within a specific function or unit.
- Utilize established financial systems to assess loss potential in order to manage and control exposure to the organization.
- Develop a simple business case for a defined project to determine potential benefits, clarify the rationale for investment and support the planning process.
- Research primary data sources, select relevant information related to ordinary types of risks and make appropriate recommendations to external customers.
- Act as technical expert supporting external customers by identifying, assessing and reducing the risk they face in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of customer services.
- Maintain oversight of service delivery to the customer to ensure service expectations are fulfilled, reinforcing customer focus across the team.
- Provide specialist risk improvement advice to address specific technical queries from internal clients and deliver appropriate risk improvement programs, in line with the organization´s policies and processes and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the Business Operating Profit through opportunity spotting and providing support for the sales of consultancy services - contract negotiation, project scoping and pricing.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Model behaviours that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members.
- Coach and provide technical advice and counsel within and outside operating unit.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
Your Skills & Experience
As a Risk Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent), Diploma in Health & Safety
Additional Education / Experience
- Relevant experience in the assessment of risk, based on what is required by LOB specific competency standards.
- Contacts / Relationships
- Client Externally Focused - The job's core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company, requiring a motivated individual able to work autonomously.