Oliver James are currently working with a leading Life & Pensions Insurer in Dublin and assisting with their search for a nearly / newly qualified Reserving Actuary.
This role will see you join the actuarial valuations team and report directly into the Finance Reporting Manager. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work alongside a close knit & supportive team while collaborating on a range of projects.
General duties include:
- Monthly profit reporting
- Assisting with quarterly calculations & reports on company value, capital and reinsurance position
- Assist with planning for IFRS17 transition and assist with building out tools
- Balance sheet transitioning
- Investigating assumptions (mortality and morbidity)
- Assisting with audits and technical analysis
- Delivering continuous high standards of work across the business
- To be considered for this role you must be a nearly / newly qualified actuary with at least 3 years experience across the Life or Pensions space.
- Solvency II and IFRS experience essential (IFRS17 would be an advantage)
- Strong aptitude around programming and modelling
- Experience using Prophet
- The ideal candidate will also have strong technical ability and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
In terms of working patterns, this role allows for hybrid working so candidates can choose to work remotely or within an office setting.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, feel free to apply below.
Oliver James is a Global Actuarial Recruitment Specialist