The production of monthly management accounts falls under UK GAAP, with Group reporting under US GAAP. Experience of UK GAAP is essential - US GAAP highly desirable.
* Responsible for production of monthly management accounts and US GAAP Group reporting;
* Responsible for annual Statutory accounts from preparation through to audit, Board and filing of regulated, service and holding companies;
* Responsible for PRA SII submissions including: Quarterly and Annual QRTs, Solvency and Financial Condition Report and Regulatory Supervisory Report;
* Responsible for Office of National Statistics submissions and any other regulatory reporting requirements;
* Preparation of VAT returns and also from time to time other indirect tax returns i.e. IPT;
* Assist with preparation and filing of UK Company Annual Tax Returns, supported by an external tax service provider;
* Financial control - Accounts Payable, expenses and intercompany functions;
* Support from time to time on business planning, in particular as relates to expense inputs; and
* Maintain a current set of process documentation and controls for these responsibilities.
Position is expected to comply with and ensure all compliance requirements, maintain confidentiality at all times, as well as serve as company representative to model, enforce and abide by all company policies.
* Experienced accountant with responsibility for UK reporting requirements covering all aspects of a company's duties, including UK GAAP and Solvency II.
* Experience and understanding of general insurance and reinsurance
* Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders, including external auditors
Qualifications and Experience:
* Qualified accountant
* Ideally 3+ years insurance experience
* Experienced with UK GAAP reporting, US GAAP knowledge would be advantageous
* Experience of SUN accounting system desirable
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
* Adhere to the Company's compliance obligations relevant to their role and duties;
* Participate in compliance training as required;
* Use available compliance resources as part of compliance management;
* Report any compliance concerns, issues and failures.