Entry Level Recruitment Consultant
If you have a natural flair for building relationships, bags of ambition, an entrepreneurial spirit and want work in an environment where the effort you put in directly affects your earnings and trajectory of your career - as well as having a lot of fun along the way - then read on!
We are recruiting for a number of bright, results driven and commercially minded individuals to join the Oliver James team here in Manchester.
No experience is necessary - as an Associate at OJ you'll benefit from industry leading training and coaching throughout your career, kicking off with our 12-week Academy which is designed to ensure you are equipped with all the skills and tools necessary to become a part of our next generation of top performers. Prior sales experience is beneficial but not required.
What we do ask is that you are prepared to work hard, have a genuine passion and interest in the recruitment sector, thrive in a target driven environment, and are as relentlessly committed to your learning and development as we are!
How is this different to other entry-level recruitment roles?
- 12-week Academy training before you join your team and market
- Train as part of an Academy group (6 - 10 per intake)
- Multiple specialist market options available, from Tech to Finance to Legal and more!
- Despite being one of the largest and most profitable Recruitment businesses on the planet, we've never lost sight of what matters most - our people! Check out our GlassDoor reviews to see what they have to say about life here at OJ.
What will I be doing?
The role of a recruiter is varied and rewarding, it centres around building and maintaining relationships and networks within your chosen specialism in order to match the right candidates with the right opportunities.
You'll be undertaking tasks such as:
- Headhunting the best relevant passive talent within your marketplace
- Maintaining contact with our existing candidate network
- Working with clients to qualify their recruitment needs
- Sourcing the best talent for your clients vacancies
- Building a pipeline of candidates to ensure you can react quickly to your client needs
- Write engaging job adverts to encourage the best and most suitable candidates to apply
- Operate as a consultative partner for both clients and candidates in order to offer advice and guidance on trends within your marketplace
What's in it for me?
We pride ourselves on creating the perfect environment for our people to thrive, and believe in giving them the authority and accountability to be responsible for the speed and success of their own career progression and development.
We work hard, are ambitious, but most importantly, we celebrate success and love what we do!
As a consultant at OJ you'll benefit from:
- Transparent promotion pathway at every level - over 50% of our Manchester office received a promotion in 2022
- Generous monthly and quarterly commission payments
- Tailored training and development at every level, with in house trainers and coaches solely dedicated to supporting and enhancing your career
- Monthly socials and office wide get togethers
- (Legendary!) Annual Company Events (our own OJ festival was a particular highlight)
- Extended lunch break for gym-goers & wellbeing walks
- Lunch clubs for top performers
- The opportunity to learn from some of the best recruiters in the world
- To be a part of a business who is truly invested in you, your goals, your career, and your happiness and wellbeing in the workplace
- International relocation opportunities
A final word about us from UK Director, Rick Davis
Welcome to OJ Manchester!
Manchester is the global HQ of the Oliver James Group and our goal is to remain a centre of excellence when it comes to hiring new talent, providing them with the tools to succeed and ultimately, allow people to grow long and lucrative careers within the Group, whether that be UK or abroad.
Our office has been responsible for creating over 65% of the Group's Global Director community, along with a large proportion of top performing consultants each year. As a leadership team, we work hard to ensure our culture puts people at the forefront of everything we do. We believe everyone should benefit from our award-winning training plan, no matter their level, experience, or job role, so we tailor a development plan to suit every individual who entrusts their career to Oliver James.
Above all, we want people to excel in our business by enjoying their work. We listen to people, promote well-being and flexibility, and make sure they enter the office each day with a purpose and smile.
We want to hear from you! Thanks to the hard work of our exceptional people our growth shows no signs of stopping, and we are looking to add another group of Associate Consultants to the fantastic Manchester team with start dates available throughout 2024!