Python Software Developer - Inside IR35 Contract
Location: London - Hybrid with WFH
Daily Rate: £1,000 p/day
A leading, London based Asset Manager, is looking to bring in a Python Developer immediately to help with delivering various functional and non-functional changes on the Liquidity Calculation platform in 2022.
The role holder will report into the Manager, Software Engineering.
You MUST have recent experience with PYTHON, LINUX and DEVOPS.
- Proven ability to address and use initiative to deliver solutions to technical and business problems
- Follow test driven development meeting coding standards and best practices to deliver solutions that meet customer needs
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle, including Agile philosophy, Scrum methodology, Continuous Integration and Continues Delivery
- Practical knowledge of automated unit test design (Selenium), DevOps principles and practices
- Knowledge of advanced python libraries such as pandas, numpy, xarray, dask, mathplotlib, sqlite, SQLAlchemy or similar
- Ability to estimate work independently, work with senior team members to estimate larger projects that require infrastructure, vendor product and custom code changes
- Knowledge of infrastructure and software design patterns
- Knowledge of financial products, specifically buy-in and buy-outs would be advantages
- Knowledge of cloud computing, infrastructure as code and building cloud native solutions would be advantage
- Knowledge of AlgoOne risk suite or AWA is desirable
Key Skills Required:
- Python and C# are the primary languages used; candidates with experience in any of Python, C#, Java, C++, VBA or any other modern programming language will be considered for an exceptional candidate
- Front end development in Java Script, web framework (Angular, React) or similar python framework (Flask, Django)
- Usage of advanced software engineering concepts such as concurrency, hashing and algorithmic complexity is advantages
- Proven experience of software or database systems development and support with exposure to project life cycles, complex product installation, customisation and commissioning
- Proven usage of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server (SSMS, SSIS)), performance tuning, sizing or non-relational databases (MongoDB)
- Sound documentation and communication skills in a client / customer facing environment
- Source control, issue management software, and continuous integration software (Perforce, git, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Implementation of infrastructure and software solutions on a regulated enterprise environment on security hardened operating system would be advantages
- An understanding of Operating System (OS) principles in Linux and/or Windows is advantages
- Hands on use of Unix/Windows commands, file systems and application installation and shell scripting are beneficial
The business has a flat structure and operates a flexible working model. Employees well-being is a top priority to the business.
Please get in touch on 020 3861 9148 or email me at email@example.com for more details.