**IT Project Manager - London Market Insurance - FTC / Permanent - London**
This role will be responsible for the delivery, management and oversight of a number of a number of critical, time sensitive projects. Successful delivery of these projects is essential to the business strategy and will directly impact its ability to continue to grow and meet its objectives.
This role will have management and oversight of the technology change required to support the business. It will act as the IT Project Manager - managing the delivery of all technology related change arising from the business change portfolio and report into the Head of IT.
The role will involve:
- Working with the business project managers to create plans
- Being accountable for the delivery of those plans to time, quality and cost
- Providing excellent communication both within the IT community and into the Business
- Managing the internal project teams and stakeholders to deliver the above
- Managing external vendors to deliver upon commitments
- Organising and running workshops / 1-to-1 meetings with a range of stakeholders
- Standard project management activities in line with existing project methodologies and processes, including: monitoring, risk, issue and dependency management, regular reporting, finance tracking.
- Preparing inputs for the relevant meetings, workshops and steering committees
- Ensuring the project remains focused on achieving its stated business outcomes
We are looking for a strong IT project manager with;
- Multi-year (>5 year) track record in managing delivery of business facing technology change projects within the London Insurance market. Ability to communicate with business colleagues, using business language and Insurance terminology, is essential.
- Experience of managing small to medium sized vendors with less defined implementation methodologies
- Experience of both waterfall and agile delivery methods
- Drive and motivation and be able to motivate others and actively seek resolutions as required
- Qualification in a recognised project methodology
- Experience of implementing system integration, data related change, business application change
- IT Testing experience (functional and non-functional)
- Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong sense of prioritisation and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key project deliverables
- A track record of delivering against tight timescales in a demanding and changing environment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, multi-tasking skills and a 'can do attitude'
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Experience in dealing with conflicting priorities and opinions (multi-customer scenario)