Oliver James is working with one of the globe's leading reinsurance company based in Hong Kong who are well-known for their growth strategy across multiple markets and transformation. Due to the success in the last 5 years in Asia, we are currently looking for a high-caliber in joining their COO's office as a VP to lead a series of strategic projects in Operations & Transformation, as well as governance for local operations across 7 countries (China, HK, JP, KR, SEA, India and Aus).
- Identify and assist to drive strategic change initiatives to deliver on the transformation agenda
- Conceptualize and prepare strategic frameworks, discussion papers and MIS as required to enable strategic planning and improve management reporting.
- Prepare papers with critical analysis, recommendations, and / or updates as requested by the COO or governance committees.
Processes & Governance
- Improve communication across business, function and geography by ensuring key messages and initiatives are clear and impact is understood.
- Help to identify interdependencies across initiatives and / or issues for senior management intervention
- Enable effective project governance by helping continually optimise the group and country process
- Working alongside with Country Heads and BU Heads in influencing key decisions taken in the business and in support teams.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, strategic mindset with seasoned problem solving and programme management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, make decisions, and work to tight timeframes.
- Good business judgement and strong in operational control and risk assessment.
- Strong communication skills oral, written and presentation. Sound knowledge of MS-Excel, PPT, and Word
- Good knowledge of operations, preferable from insurance industry