Oliver James is currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading Life insurer for a day rate modelling contractor for a 12 month assignment.
This contrator will sit on the Unified Model ("UM") is the new Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS) application that is currently under development for the modelling and/or consolidation of Global financial projections. The UM is a versatile application that allows for both the development of simplified momentum-based projections (historic) and the upload of externally developed projections (deterministic actuarial valuation platforms).
The UM is one of several key transformational initiatives for EMEA's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, that when successfully implemented will:
- Centralise and standardise projection and planning processes for all EMEA geographies
- Replace all pre-existing excel-based models used for projection/plan purposes
- Streamline data sourcing
- Reduce time spent on production and workflow tasks
- Increase focus on projection analytics
- Produce higher quality reports and analysis
The EMEA UM Implementation Manager will drive the implementation of the Unified Model and work closely with both the EMEA FP&A team and the Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Applications' team to ensure readiness for future planning cycles.
Oliver James is seeking candidates that are highly skilled in the implementation of financial systems and can demonstrate sound technical knowledge as well as exceptional analytical, communication, and customer service skills.
- Transition the plan modelling of all EMEA geographies and lines of business from current excel-based models to the UM EPBCS application
- Work closely with the EMEA FP&A and the US Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Applications teams on all aspects of UM implementation - including:
- Development of UM to incorporate all specifications and changes as set-out by the EMEA FP&A team
- Testing of changes made to the UM - following through on issues & change requests raised
- Identifying areas that require additional change requests based on testing outcomes, development needs and issues
- Contributing to the scheduling of UM implementation activities - charting all key milestones (e.g. User Acceptance Testing, Parallel Runs etc.), progress tracking, and assisting with the co-ordination and engagement of EMEA FP&A team members
- Embedding the UM into EMEA FP&A business-as-usual processes and timelines (i.e. charting UM month-end and year-end rollforward processes & timelines, system availability, data feeds & availability etc.)
- Develop and maintain sound and robust documentation of test procedures, user guides and all processes & workflows surrounding the Unified Model
- Drive continuous improvement of the Unified Model i.e. US GAAP modelling enhancements under Long Duration Targeted Improvements ("LDTI")
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial science, or a related field with strong financial modelling skills. Strong understanding of US GAAP reporting for Life Insurance companies and understanding of Finance concepts and terms is a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience of successfully implementing complex financial systems and process improvements
- Proven experience of maintaining a strong control environment
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Confident and self-motivated with high resilience that can work independently or as part of a collaborative cross-functional team
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
If you would like to be considered for the position, please click the apply button below. Alternatively, reach out on the below details for a confidential conversation about the position before applying on;
firstname.lastname@example.org | +35315719706