Microsoft Dynamics Business Solutions Manager - Contract To Hire - Remote
The Microsoft Dynamics Business Solutions Manager researches, analyzes, evaluates, documents and communicates complex business problems to be solved with automated business systems or processes.
This position will bridge the gap between functional and technical teams by acting as the primary liaison of IT with business unit partners to help identify and solve issues, enable strategic aims, and ensure continuous improvement of operational systems and processes.
- Analyzes, documents, evaluates and tests current business systems to create Business Requirements Documents.
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
- Guides the business in implementing best practices in their business processes and effective usage of tools and technologies employed.
- Possesses leadership and organizational skills required to lead cross-functional/departmental projects.
- Possesses good communication / listening skills.
- Provides business level technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
- Has in-depth knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for conducting business analysis and is proficient in conducting business requirements sessions. Consults with business unit management and personnel to obtain additional information during system development and evaluate alternatives.
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- Consults and coordinates with systems analysts (external or internal), programmers (external or internal) and vendors to develop automated business systems.
- Develops, coordinates, tests and implements plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
- Assist with new software/hardware implementation including initial training, follow-up support, and ongoing continuous improvement.
- Tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications.
- Creates or assists others in writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- May supervise 2-5 Business Analysts.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Functional skills implementing and supporting a Tier 1 ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009/2012 and/or D365 modules Finance & Operations (preferred).
- Modelling complex business processes using Visio or other Process Modelling tools.
- Experience in CPG / Manufacturing industry a plus.
- For Finance role, functional knowledge and understanding of General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Payables, Receivables, EDI.
- For Supply Chain role, functional knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing, Shipping, Inventory Management, Procurement, Logistics, EDI.
- For Sales role, functional knowledge and understanding of Sales, Order Management, Pricing, Distribution, Customer Relationship, EDI
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Analytical skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and have a desire to continually learn as they go.
- Dynamics 365 Certifications a plus
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at Shannon.Roberts@oliverjames.com.