Reporting directly to the Finance VP, this role entails overseeing management reporting for this Banks business lines. The incumbent serves as the primary point of contact for various key stakeholders, providing management reporting, business partnering, advice, and analysis.
- Conduct regular and ongoing analysis, evaluation, and review of business performance and initiatives against established benchmarks (e.g., plan, forecast, prior year, business cases) as directed.
- Responsible for daily Profit and Loss (PnL) reporting to Management
- Handle monthly and quarterly analysis of expenses, headcount, and valuation adjustments related to the various businesses, including financial variance commentary and tax analysis/investigations.
- Actively participate in monthly tax transfer pricing meetings, identifying current issues and contributing to their resolution.
- Continuously develop value-added management reporting and build a fundamental understanding of business strategies, impacts, and drivers of financial results
- Provide ad hoc finance support to Front Office and Executive partners, including meetings and result presentations.
- Offer ad hoc support to the wider Finance department, responding to information requests from regulators.
- Foster working relationships with Trading Business Management, Market Risk Control, Capital Markets Risk Management, FinOps, and Toronto Finance teams to keep them informed about changes to the Regional (EAP) businesses and provide advice when needed.
- Possess an intermediate understanding of capital markets, products, and businesses conducted by Global Markets & Corporate and Investment Banking.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate strong organisational, prioritisation, and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and work independently.
- Proven track record of implementing value-added process improvements to enhance shareholder value and improve guidance to senior management.
- Demonstrate governance, control, and risk management behaviours aligned with policies and practices.
- A post-secondary degree in Business or Finance is expected.
- High-level proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Alteryx knowledge would be an asset.
- Understanding of the Bank's management and financial reporting processes.
- Independent individual who efficiently manages expectations/concerns through strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the Bank's financial reporting system (i.e., Hyperion/PSGL), with prior experience in running Hyperion queries preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and professionalism when dealing with various internal clients.
- Proactive in making recommendations to improve processes and the working environment.