Oliver James are delighted to share this fantastic opportunity for an Actuary or Actuarial student to join a leading Life Insurance business in the area of Capital and ALM.
The business is offering a 12 month contract with a generous salary and benefits package.
The ideal candidate will have previous ALM and Solvency II experience, and at least a few years experience in Life insurance.
Location: Flexible working + London Office (time in office as desired)
Duration: 12 month initial contract
Role: You will support ALM in a wide range of Solvency II, Internal Capital, Liquidity and ALM work.
- Assist in the production of quarterly Board and Risk & Capital Committee reports on Solvency II, Risk Appetite and Liquidity and support the Head of Capital & ALM in other reports as required.
- Assist in monitoring of yields, developing capital management strategies, forecasting & analysis of capital requirements.
- Assist in the development of Solvency II and Internal Capital capabilities in particular for new products and regulatory developments. This will include making and testing changes to Solvency II models & providing a clear audit trail of work.
- Analyse movements in capital requirements and report to senior management.
- Analyse strategic asset allocations, sensitivities to market risk, propose risk mitigation actions where necessary.
- Nearly Qualified or Part qualified actuary (6+CT exams or current equivalent)
- Experience of working in a UK Life office with experience of, or a strong desire to learn about, Solvency II & ALM
- Advanced skills in Excel. Programming skills (e.g. SQL, VBA an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of solvency II Reporting (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of cash-flow modelling tools would be an advantage (e.g. Mo.Net, Moses, VIP, Prophet)
Our client is looking to get interviews arranged as soon as possible so please apply today!
or send a copy of your CV to Chris Armstrong at Chris.Armstrong@OliverJames.com
Oliver James specialise in Actuarial Recruitment globally and look forward to your application.