We are looking for an experienced IT Security Engineer to join a reputable, technology leading organisation. This company has been going through a large technical transformation towards a cloud first mentality and now has a hybrid Azure, AWS and on-premise environment
Due to this progression they are expanding their Information Security function. You'd be joining in a senior capacity, helping to deliver & maintain a secure business & IT environment - strengthening the Cyber Security capabilities.
You're primary responsibility will be to ensure the confidentiality, integrity & availability of the organisations information and environments, administering a variety of critical cyber security controls.
- To manager and oversee Incident Protection & Response processes alongside local IT teams
- Investigate suspected and actual security incidents - Coordinating further resolutions
- To manage critical security controls
- Manage the end to end vulnerability management lifecycle , engaging with IT Teams to execute resolutions
- Coordinate and manage Pen Testing activities
- Maintain knowledge on new and emerging technologies, principles and frameworks
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience within a technical IT Security role
- Experience and knowledge across anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, authentication systems , content filtering tools etc
- Experience working alongside 3rd party vendors, MSPs or SOCs
- Experienced managing secure networks, systems and application architectures.
- Knowledge of Azure or AWS is desired but not essential
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
This is a vital role and play a key part in the development of the information security function moving forwards! We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic , wanting to develop themselves as well as their team. You will be supported towards having line management responsibilities of at least one other junior member
Mostly remote, you just need to be willing to go to the Manchester office when needed (no more than once a month)
Click apply or email email@example.com for more details!