Java / Full Stack Developer - Inside IR35
Location: London - Hybrid with WFH
Daily Rate: £650 - £750 p/day
I am currently working with a leading London based, Asset Manager that are looking for Java / Full Stack Developer to join their team ASAP.
They are transforming their application estate into a service-based architecture, based on a modern Microsoft Tech Stack, hosted in Azure. They use continuous delivery pipelines to build, test and deploy their applications and infrastructure securely, reliably and repeatedly.
They are undertaking a major transformation programme which includes significant change to the technology platform and organisation structure:
The client are seeking to significantly increase capability and capacity in their oversight of the valuation of these assets given the growing scale and significance in the business and the risk it presents.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Agile Currency product team. You will:
* Work on a mix of greenfield application development and brownfield BAU on a sizable application estate.
* Take an active role in peer code reviews, balancing technical debt with delivery goals to help maintain code quality.
* Identify opportunities for new processes / frameworks / architectures.
* Support the wider team by jointly designing new features and smaller enhancements.
* Communicate your ideas to the wider team, aiding understanding and clarity.
* Liaise with technical stakeholders, help to both take requirements and present summaries.
* Continuous self-development - via dedicated learning days & attending conferences/meet-ups, as well as learning from Senior Developers & Team Leads.
* Core Java (Collections / Concurrency / Design patterns)
* Database (SQL / JDBC / JPA / In-memory)
* Messaging (JMS / FIX / XML / JSON).
* Web services and REST API design (using frameworks such as Jetty / Jersey / Swagger).
* Test Driven Development (such as Junit / Mockito).
* Behaviour Driven Development (such as Concordion / Cucumber).
* Distributed version control systems (preferably Git / Bitbucket).
* Build tools (such as Gradle / Maven / Ant / Ivy)
* Code as part of a team with frequent peer reviews.
* Fundamentals and approaches: OOP, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
* Experience working in Agile teams performing iterative development (Scrum / Kanban).
* Ability to collaborate with end users, stakeholders, and team members.
* Practical experience in all areas of development including analysis, solution design, programming, testing, and documentation.
* Show initiative and creativity in researching solutions to technology problems.
* Have a constant desire to improve knowledge and drive adoption of new tech or approaches within the team.
* Have an active interest in the wider Java community and a demonstratable enthusiasm for the future of JVM based technologies.
The business has a flat structure and operates a flexible working model. Employees well-being is a top priority to the business.
Please get in touch on 020 3861 9148 or email me at email@example.com for more details.