The Product Oversight - Alternatives Team in Dublin has responsibility for all fund accounting matters on a variety of alternative funds including: credit, alternative fund of funds, renewable power and infrastructure debt products. We are accountable for change management, risk management and exception management on those funds. The fund administration is outsourced, so we manage a range external vendors to ensure the products are receiving the highest standard of service, ensuring accurate and timely production of valuations and maintenance of KPIs and MIS. We work with multiple partners across teh business to support the transition of products to Dublin, the launch of new products, closures, in-species and mergers of existing funds; as well as the day to day operations of the funds. We participate in client due diligences and support the product and sales and marketing teams with our accounting expertise. Given the growth in this asset class we are focused on achieving scale and efficiency.
- Rigorously identifying, evaluating and addressing risks and taking timely actions to close
- Leading and inspiring technological change processes, independently coordinating and involving all parties where required
- Identifying and leading exception management, taking prompt actions and ensuring exceptions are closed safely and correctly
- Acting as the key contact point for issues by/to outsourced fund administrators
- Communicating with senior parties and collaborating with them on complex projects, providing sound advice and guidance
- Building strong relationships with various internal and external partners
- Completing a detailed review of legal documents and policies and procedures to highlight operational impacts and ensure operational readiness
- Collaborating with external providers and internal teams to ensure a robust and scalable operating model is in place both within the company and in external providers
- Project managing complex initiatives effectively
- Ensuring alignment with global best practice for controls, oversight and management of vendors and production of fund asset valuations and where appropriate provides input and executes initiatives to enhance such processes.
- 5-9+ years of investment / fund accounting /public accounting (audit) work experience or equivalent, including review experience for at least a portion of that time.
- Preferably degree level with relevant recognised qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CFA), or equivalent years-served in industry
- Expertise in fund valuation, reporting and administrative requirements for alternative funds
- Detailed understanding of investment processes and controls, the fund valuation and transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks
- Familiarity with reviewing and distilling large and complex legal documents
- Demonstrable experience in recognizing and delivering continuous improvement and change
- Capability of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Prior experience of leading and contributing to projects
- Experience of building and leading a high performance team