As an Internal Auditor, you will have a unique opportunity to join at a crucial time in the Company's history and will play an important role in helping the business evaluate and develop its control environment to provide the platform for future growth.
The Internal Audit team has great visibility with senior management across the business. We are looking for someone who has a challenging mindset, is inquisitive, engaging and is good with people at all levels of seniority. This role will be home based with some travel to the Head Office in South Manchester, or other sites.
- Carry out the audits of businesses and processes effectively and efficiently in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and methodology.
- Prepare plans for the audits of a specific business units, functions or processes which ensures the controls over all key aspects of the business are reviewed.
- Maintain working papers which support the conclusions reached for each area of the business audited.
- Apply creative problem solving to audit activity to get 'under the skin' of issues.
- Communicate the results of the audits proficiently verbally in meetings and presentations.
- Present the findings of the work with impact in the form of reports that are concise, well-structured and use language which clearly communicates issues, risks and root causes to the audience.
- Support the preparation of Audit Committee papers and other reports as required.
- Monitor implementation of control recommendations and assist in reporting status to the Board and Audit and Risk Committee.
- Build and manage influential relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Help to support the audit function by applying your experience to continuously improve the methodology and systems in use.
- Undertake research on the latest trends and other issues relating to the industry and audit.
- Undertake confidential reviews or investigations as required with the appropriate sensitivity.
- Work alongside co-sourced partners to deliver audit activity.
Whilst an audit (IIA) or accountancy (CIA, CMIAA, ACA, ACA or CIMA) qualification is highly desirable, the role of an internal auditor is a diverse one and if you have a particular set of skills or experience that could benefit our business then we may well have a role for you in Internal Audit!
Either way, you will need to have strong interpersonal skills, be up for a challenge and be comfortable working both individually and as part of a team.