Infrastructure Support Specialist
About the Role
This is a Group level role supporting the Group IT infrastructure. We are a small but effective team who pride ourselves in our customer-service and "can-do" attitude. Working closely together to share knowledge and skills to be the best we can be. The role will suit someone with 1st and 2nd line experience from a Service Desk and desktop support background looking to progress into infrastructure, projects and being an escalation point for others in the team.
- Working with the IT Service Desk and Network to provide support for the user base and the IT Infrastructure.
- Mentor of Junior IT service desk members and form part of the escalation into a 2nd / 3rd line role.
- Provide escalation for 1st Line support on IT and Service Desk requests.
- Provide ownership and innovation of the Service Desk and enable new features, improvements, and service level agreements.
- Provide operational reporting for the Infrastructure Team Lead.
- Ensure support tickets and incidents are dealt with in a timely manner and within agreed SLA's.
- Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party suppliers for services such as IaaS, managed printing and software vendors.
- Perform computer / server and software installations.
- Support the ongoing maintenance and stability of IT Services
You will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and experience of the following:
- Troubleshooting desktop and server hardware faults and issues.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016+ and above
- Azure Infrastructure-As-A-Service and O365, as well as knowledge of the various platforms that fall under these.
- Citrix knowledge of catalogues, redeployments of images and using Citrix Studio and Director.
- Lenovo, HP technologies, Citrix and thin clients
- Internet security gateways, email security gateway's and archiving solutions.
- Endpoint protection management and monitoring
- Networking, WAN, LAN and network skills.
- Cisco Meraki & Mitel telephony experience would be ideal.
The following qualifications would be beneficial:
- Microsoft - MCP accreditation in Desktop & Server Support/Configuration.
- ITIL v3 Service Management (Foundation).